Saturday, March 24, 2012

Matt - IT Mission Trip to Africa

Galatians 6:10 – “Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.”

As some of you may know I had the opportunity to use my job skills as a Network Engineer two years ago to help a Bible institute in India.  Little did I know that this was the beginning of God calling me to start an IT ministry within my church. After that trip I have been put in touch with several people who have helped me to develop a game plan for providing IT support to missionaries and Christian based organizations. We will do this by providing virtual support worldwide from Houston, as well as go on short term mission trips across the globe to help with specific technical tasks. This team is starting out with a trip to Kenya, Africa in late April this year. We are going to assist Food for the Hungry (http://www.fh.org) with some specific networking needs at some of their offices. Food for the Hungry is a Christian based organization that seeks to end poverty worldwide by addressing the physical and spiritual hungers of people. I am very grateful to be able to serve and support them so they can be more efficient in their mission. You can find out more information about our trip at here: http://tinyurl.com/cbctech

I don’t think I have many talents that can be used to help people (anyone that has seen my carpentry work can attest to that), so it is an incredible blessing for me to be able to use one of my true skills for the glory of God. Both Ephesians 2:10 and Romans 12:6 make it clear that we are given unique gifts and they should be used to bless others, especially other members of the body of Christ (Galatians 6:10).  This is something that I have felt a real call to participate in as well as encourage others to join me or find out how they have been blessed so they can start a “micro-ministry” of their own.

As you can imagine, any trip overseas has many great expenses associated with it. I need to raise $2700 by April 20th. If you can help to support me financially I would greatly appreciate it. Any donations made are tax deductible and will help a good cause.  Regardless of financial support I need your prayer support. Please pray daily for me, starting April 23rd. specifically for the following requests:
  • For God to use me in any capacity that he sees fit
  • For me to help others in need
  • For discipleship opportunities
  • For me to touch the lives of others and them to touch mine
  • For safety during travel
  • For my wife, son, and daughter while I am away
If you can help support me financially please make checks payable to “CBC” and make sure to leave the memo line of the check blank.  On a separate piece of paper you need to write my name and mention it is for the Africa trip as well as list your name, address, phone, and e-mail address.  Please do not write my name anywhere on the check.  The check and separate sheet of paper need to be mailed to: CBC, Short Term Trips, 11711 Cypress N Houston, Cypress, TX, 77429.  You can alternatively give online here: http://www.cypressbible.org/stt.html

This is a great opportunity for me to see God working in the lives of people, including myself, to the “ends of the earth”. I am very excited to be able to take part in this and hope I can count on you to pray for me. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and if you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to contact me.  

Blessings,
Matt Nevill



 
Our "Safari" at the Exotic Animal Ranch west of Austin last summer

1 comment:

  1. Just desire to say your article is as surprising. The clarity
    to your post is simply nice and i can assume you're an expert on this subject. Well together with your permission let me to grasp your feed to keep updated with impending post. Thank you a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

    Here is my weblog - ehminus.ca

    ReplyDelete