Monday, June 8, 2009

June Update

Addie has done great in her new bed. She really likes being a big girl. We moved her crib and changing table into Ryan's room, and moved the futon upstairs into his room too. We have an entire nursery set of Noah's Ark that we've been using for Ryan, but Addie's jungle stuff is a lot cuter. However, although she is out of her crib, we still have the comforter and accessories on her walls, the matching rug and light switch covers, picture frames and wall border around her room. We're not quite ready to buy a new bedding set and new theme stuff for a "big girl" room, and the animal things aren't babyish at all, so I am ok with leaving everything up in her room until we decide what we want to do, and if we want to get a twin/bunk/loft/whatever kind of bed for her eventually. On the other hand, I hate to use the less-nice Noah's Ark stuff instead of the jungle things in Ryan's room. I guess I will leave it alone for now.

I have been rearranging nearly everything else in the house. We moved my computer into the old playroom and used the bigger computer room as the new playroom. I painted the bottom of the playroom a bright maroon color and we bought a plaid sleeper sofa off Craigslist for $50!! It's in really great shape. I am debating what other painting I want to do in there, and if I have the talent to do it. We moved my big bookshelves upstairs to our bedroom, and brought a smaller shelf down from Addie's room for all her books.

In the living room, we moved the furniture yet again and I think Matt and I are finally happy with how it turned out.


I've been buying a few new clothes as I see them, here and there, since I have lost a lot of weight and don't intend to gain it back! I got a couple of new swimsuits and dresses, and a few tops. I turned 30 last week, and got a card, roses, and birthday donuts! Addison was so excited to give me the card. Matt had drawn little stick figures of our family, including Ryan crawling. He put big round ears on the Ryan figure and when I asked Addison who they were, she said, "Mama, Dada, Addison, and a mouse!" I laughed and laughed.

Here are some things Addie is saying and doing:

One night we were having something for dinner that she didn't like and just picked at it. Later, after her bath, she went into the kitchen and said, "I'm hungry." She climbed up in her booster seat and said, "Mama, I want NEW dinner." She had better learn soon that she isn't going to get "new" dinner just because she didn't like what I fixed! Of course, this time we got her some new dinner and she ate it all.

I was in the bedroom getting clothes and she came up and said, "Mama, I trust you." I said, "You do? I'm so glad." And she said, "That's what Barbie says." I think it was from the DVD Barbie Mermaidia that we let her watch on the car rides to Dallas. I don't think she has any idea what it means. She also said, at dinner one night, "I'm cold. I think I'm getting sick." I have no idea where that came from.

On morning, she pushed Ryan over and got put in time out. Then she pulled his shirt and he fell on his eye and made it bleed from the corner, so I put her back on the chair in time out. She cried so hard. Then I let her get up and she just wasn’t playing much and I asked her if she was ok and her face crumpled and she cried and hugged me and said she was sad. Hunter was over, and he was laughing and jumping and I told her to laugh and dance with him and she said she couldn’t because she wasn’t happy. I told her to go play and she said, "But I can’t play, I’m sad.” I said if she played she would be happy, but she shook her head and said, “I can’t play, because I’m just so sad. I’m not happy, I can’t play when I’m sad." It was very cute and sad.

Speaking of cute and sad, last night we were out shopping late, and when we got home it was time for bed. She ran into her playroom, but Matt told her it was time to go upstairs. She said, "But I just want to play just a minute, I want to play just a minute." We said no, and she crumpled up again and sobbed, "But I just want to play just a minute." She cried as she walked up the stairs and was completely miserable. It was so sad and there is still a part of me that wants to let her do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. Because she is cute and precious and adorable and my baby. Even when she's fussing or crying, it is cute.

Ryan is making his presence known loud and clear. He is crawling everywhere, pulling up on everything, and getting into everything too. His favorite thing is to crawl into the bathroom to see if we've left the toilet open, because if so, then he like to reach into the water. It is so gross and the bathroom door is shut all the time now. He also delights in crawling into Addison's face and lap, usually while she is diligently working a puzzle or reading a book. This has resulted in lots of pushing, shoving, and some clawing on Addie's part, and I try hard to keep him away so I"m not constanly having to discipline her reactions to him. He is just so in love with his big sister and everything that she does, and she is still too little to understand much about him. We have had a few instances of them really playing together...she gets a kick out of him laughing, so she will sometimes do things to get a reaction out of him, like hiding and popping up, or throwing the blanket on his head and letting him pull it off. Ryan likes to yell and bang things a lot.

He pounds his tiny fists on his high chair tray, and drums his hands on his legs and boxes and the dog. This morning, I heard him clapping and turned around and realized it was the part of Dora where they sing, "Where are we going? (Clap clap clap)" . I couldn't believe it. He is very smart. He has also somehow started "smiling" for the camera. I am not sure what's going on, unless maybe the red light on the camera makes him squint and makes faces. I got probably 8 shots in a row of him doing this as soon as I pressed the button.



3 comments:

  1. Your family is exciting!

    Thanks for the update and the pictures!

    What are you doing this Friday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a busy bee! Where do you find the energy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new couch and the arrangements. I could use some of that over here. Right now the front bedroom has been the storage room and I need to get it all cleaned up.

    I'm glad you had a great b-day. It's so hard to believe we're 30. Crazy!

    I love hearing what Addie is saying.the mouse part made me laugh too. They say some funny things. Ryan is growing up too fast. I think siblings have a love/annoy relationship for sure.

    ReplyDelete